See Rome before the city wakes up and the crowds arrive! This <strong>early morning walking tour</strong> with a local guide covers all of the major sights of the city centre, from the Spanish Steps, Pantheon and Trevi Fountain to St. Peter's Square. Perfect for early-birds, photographers, families and anyone who wants to see what Rome's famous sights look like without crowds of tourists.
Meet your knowledgable local guide at 7AM sharp at the Spanish Steps. The steps sure look different when that aren't covered with visitors! Take the perfect picture before your group moves on to the Trevi Fountain. It's a treat to get a spot up close to this impressive monument, standing an imposing 86 feet high and 160 feet wide. Your local English-speaking guide will walk you through the 100 years of fascinating history that contributed to its making. The next stops are the Temple of Hadrian and the Pantheon. The soft early-morning light and empty piazzas are the perfect conditions in which to take the best photos of your trip.
After a brief opportunity for a coffee break (own expense) at Rome's most famous espresso bar, you'll move on to a wide-open Piazza Navona where Bernini's masterpiece Fountain of the Four Rivers waits for us. From Piazza Navona we'll weave our way through Rome's ancient alleyways before popping out at the Bridge of Angels, which leads us on to Castel Sant'Angelo and St. Peter's Square.
This walking tour comes to its end at St. Peter's Square at 9:30AM.
- Piazza di Spagna (Spanish Steps)
- Trevi Fountain
- Temple of Hadrian and Piazza di Pietra
- Coffee Break (own expense)
- Piazza Navona
- Bridge of Angels
- Castel St. Angelo
- St. Peter's Square
In front of Babington's Tea Rooms in Piazza di Spagna, 23. At the foot of the Spanish Steps.
St. Peter's Square
- We'll be walking, so bring comfortable walking shoes!
- This tour departs in all weather conditions, so dress appropriately for the day and season. Keep in mind that Rome is cooler in the early morning.
- Minimum numbers apply. In the event that minimum numbers are not met for your departure date, you will be offered a full refund or free alternative to this tour.
What to Bring
- Your best smile!
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Your camera.
Monday, Thursday, Saturday
All requests for cancellation or modification must be sent no later than 72 hours before departure time.