Discover the benefits of getting an early start on sightseeing in Rome! This early morning Rome tour by foot explores all of the highlights of the historic center of the Eternal City. You'll visit the Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, St. Peter's Square and much more - all before the city wakes up and the crowds fill Rome's squares. The early morning light and empty piazzas make this an ideal time of day for the best photos.
You will meet your English-speaking local guide at 7:00AM at the Spanish Steps. From here you'll move on to the Trevi Fountain where you'll have the rare opportunity to stand right at the edge without bumping elbows with other visitors. At each famous sight, your local guide will talk you through its captivating history. Admire the impressive columns at the Temple of Hadrian and the Pantheon before stopping for a coffee break (own expense) -- Rome's cafés are some of the first storefronts to open their shutters each day. Next up is the open expanse of Piazza Navona and Bernini's Fountain of the Four Rivers and its towering obelisk. From here, you'll make your way through Rome's tiny, charecteristic alleyways before crossing the stunning Bridge of Angels, which brings us to Castel Sant'Angelo, Via della Conciliazione and St. Peter's Square.
Salute your guide here at St. Peter's Square at which point you will be free to explore on your own.
- Piazza di Spagna (Spanish Steps)
- Trevi Fountain
- Temple of Hadrian and Piazza di Pietra
- Coffee Break (own expense)
- Piazza Navona
- Bridge of Angels
- Castel St. Angelo
- St. Peter's Square
In front of Babington's Tea Rooms in Piazza di Spagna, 23. At the foot of the Spanish Steps.
St. Peter's Square
- We'll be walking, so bring comfortable walking shoes!
- This tour departs in all weather conditions, so dress appropriately for the day and season. Keep in mind that Rome is cooler in the early morning.
- Minimum numbers apply. In the event that minimum numbers are not met for your departure date, you will be offered a full refund or free alternative to this tour.
What to Bring
- Your best smile!
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Your camera.
Monday, Thursday, Saturday
All requests for cancellation or modification must be sent no later than 72 hours before departure time.