A visit to Vatican City is the highlight of any visit to Rome. Don’t waste time with giant groups, monotone guides and static-plagued headsets. Make sure your visit is a truly special and human experience with this carefully created Vatican Breakfast Tour in headset-free, almost-private groups of 10 people or less.
At the start of your tour you'll check in and meet your guide who will lead your small group inside the Vatican Museums - skipping the line and walking straight in. Groups of 10 or less means minimal time is spent on the logistics of getting inside, and you'll be exploring the Vatican Museums in no time.
Once inside, you'll have the unique opportunity to partake of a rich buffet breakfast on a pavillion inside the Pinecone Courtyard. A full continental breakfast is offered, along with coffee, juice and even milk produced on the Pope's very own farm.
After breakfast, you’ll come face to face with works of the masters such as Michelangelo & Rafael, as well as several iconic paintings and statues that have marked the history of art such as the Laocoon. We’ll cover all of the highlights without missing a beat, with stops at the open-air Pinecone Courtyard, Belvedere Courtyard, Room of the Muses, the Round Room, Greek Cross Room, Candelabra Gallery, Gallery of the Tapestries and even the Gallery of the Maps from where you can also admire a panoramic view of the carefully curated Vatican Gardens below.
Because we are an official ‘Silver’ Vatican Partner, our groups have access to special rooms closed to other visitors, such as the famed Cabinet of the Masks. This privileged access will be used at the discretion of your guide and based on the unique interests of your almost-private group.
Your visit ends on the steps of St. Peter's Basilica in St. Peter's Square. Here, you'll be given an introduction to the Basilica and the choice to continue your visit inside on your own. Up to you!
This itinerary covers the Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel, including but not limited to: Pinecone Courtyard, Belvedere Courtyard, Room of the Muses, the Round Room, Greek Cross Room, Candelabra Gallery, Gallery of the Tapestries and the Gallery of the Maps. The tour finishes on the steps of St. Peter's Basilica in St. Peter's Square, providing no-line access to the Basilica should you wish to continue your visit inside on your own.
This tour meets at the following address, just a block away from the Vatican Museums entrance and equidistant from the Cipro & Ottaviano metro stops (red line A):
Via Sebastiano Veniero, 62
St. Peter's Basilica
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes.
- Large bags and backpacks must be checked in.
- To enter the Vatican Museums, shoulders and knees must be covered.
- In order to participate in this tour you must be able to climb and descend stairs on your own.
What to Bring
- Your appetite! Breakfast is on us.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Leave big backpacks at your hotel! Only small purses are permitted inside the Museums.
- Something to cover your knees and shoulders.
- Photos are permitted is almost all rooms of the Vatican Museums, except for the Sistine Chapel. No bulky or clearly professional photographic or video equipment (especially tripods or large videocameras, equipment backpacks) will be permitted inside the Museums.
Monday, Thursday, Saturday
Tour goes forward rain or shine! In order to be eligible for a full refund your tour must be modified/cancelled by no less than 72 hours before your scheduled departure time. Refunds will not be provided for changes or cancellations made after this time.