Visit the Vatican Museums on Friday night! This very special series of after-dark openings are available exclusively from the end of April through October. Make sure your evening visit to the Vatican is extra special with this carefully crafted itinerary of the Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel in almost-private groups of 10 people or less. Our extra small group size authorizes us to go headset-free inside the Vatican Museums. No more uncomfortable, static-plagued plastic earphones. Just face-to-face, human interaction with your charismatic guide.
Using our pre-reserved entrance, we'll enter after official opening hours - when the evening light casts a magical glow over the Vatican Museums, which are lit especially for the occasion. Experience the Sistine Chapel in the intimacy of the night while accompanied by an expert guide with perfect English. Our guests will also be able to admire the Upper Galleries of the Vatican Museums including the Gallery of the Tapestries and Candelabra, as well as the Hall of the Maps, the Octagonal Court, and Raphael’s Rooms.
During your Vatican Night Tour we will stop in the Pinecone Courtyard to enjoy a luxurious aperitif buffet and drink. On select Fridays, the Museums also host a music concert for you to enjoy at the same time as your traditional Italian “aperitivo”.
Your Vatican Friday Night tour will come to its conclusion at the entrance of the Vatican Museums.
This tour of the Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel includes but is not limited to the following rooms: Gallery of the Tapestries and Candelabra, Hall of the Maps, the Octagonal Court, Pinecone Courtyard, Sistine Chapel and Raphael’s Rooms.
This tour meets in front of Via Tunisi, 8 in front of the Hotel Museum (Ex Alimandi) on the corner with across the street from the steps (NOT on the steps). A representative will be there to meet you carrying a sign with the green EcoArt logo.
The tour concludes in front of the Vatican Museums entrance.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes.
- Large bags and backpacks are not permitted.
- To enter the Vatican Museums, shoulders and knees must be covered.
- In order to participate in this tour you must be able to climb and descend stairs on your own.
What to Bring
- Your appetite! Your luxury aperitif & drink inside the Vatican Museums is on us,
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Leave big bags/backpacks at your hotel! Only small purses are permitted inside the Museums.
- Something to cover your knees and shoulders.
- Photos are permitted is almost all rooms of the Vatican Museums, except for the Sistine Chapel. No bulky or clearly professional photographic or video equipment (especially tripods or large videocameras, equipment backpacks) will be permitted inside the Museums.
Need a hotel pick-up or drop-off for your tour?
Contact us for pricing and availability.
Fridays from May-October
Tour goes forward rain or shine! In order to be eligible for a full refund your tour must be modified/cancelled by no less than 72 hours before your scheduled departure time. Refunds will not be provided for changes or cancellations made after this time.